Are you tired of the lackluster sound quality from your TV while playing your favorite PS4 games? Say goodbye to mediocre sound and hello to an immersive gaming experience with a Bluetooth speaker! By connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 play station, you’ll enjoy crisp, clear audio that will take your gameplay to the next level.
In this article, we’ll show you exactly how to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 so you can start enjoying your games in a whole new way. Get ready to immerse yourself in a world of sound like never before!
Why Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to Your PS4?
Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 can improve your gaming experience by providing better sound quality, especially if your TV’s speakers aren’t very good.
Additionally, Bluetooth speakers can provide a more immersive gaming experience, allowing you to feel more involved in the game’s environment.
Checking the Compatibility of Your Bluetooth Speaker with PS4
Before connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your PS4, you need to ensure that your speaker is compatible with the PS4. Not all Bluetooth speakers work with the PS4, so you need to check whether your speaker is compatible.
You can check the compatibility of your Bluetooth speaker with the PS4 by looking for the “PS4 Compatible” label on the speaker’s packaging or by checking the manufacturer’s website.
Speakers Compatible With PS4
Many speakers are compatible with the PlayStation 4. Here are a few examples:
- Logitech Z623 2.1 Speaker System: This powerful speaker system includes two satellite speakers and a subwoofer, and it connects to your PS4 via a 3.5mm jack.
- Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers: These sleek and compact speakers are a great option for gamers who want clear and immersive sound. They connect to your PS4 via a 3.5mm jack.
- Creative Pebble 2.0 USB-Powered Desktop Speakers: These affordable and stylish speakers connect to your PS4 via USB and deliver impressive sound quality.
- Razer Nommo Chroma: These stylish speakers feature full-range drivers and a downward-firing subwoofer for immersive sound. They connect to your PS4 via USB or 3.5mm jack.
- Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System: This high-end speaker system is THX-certified for superior sound quality. It connects to your PS4 via a 3.5mm jack.
Steps to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to PS4
Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to a PS4 requires a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Check if Your Bluetooth Speaker is Compatible with PS4
Before you start the connection process, make sure that your Bluetooth speaker is compatible with PS4. Not all Bluetooth speakers will work with PS4, so check the manufacturer’s website for compatibility information.
Step 2: Turn On Bluetooth on Your PS4
The next step is to turn on Bluetooth on your PS4. To do this, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices. Then, turn on Bluetooth on your PS4.
Step 3: Put Your Bluetooth Speaker in Pairing Mode
To connect your Bluetooth speaker to PS4, you need to put it in pairing mode. The process for doing this varies depending on the speaker, so refer to the manufacturer’s instructions. Usually, this involves pressing and holding a button on the speaker until it enters pairing mode.
Step 4: Connect Your Bluetooth Speaker to your PS4
Once your speaker is in pairing mode, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices > Add Device on your PS4.
Your PS4 will start searching for available Bluetooth devices. When your speaker appears in the list of available devices, select it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
Step 5: Test Your Bluetooth Speaker Connection
After your speaker is connected, test the connection by playing a game or streaming a movie. Make sure the sound is coming through the Bluetooth speaker and that there are no audio delays or lags.
4 Different Methods to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to PS4
Here are several methods to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your PlayStation 4 console:
1. Connect via Bluetooth Adopter
Connecting Bluetooth speakers to your PS4 with a Bluetooth adapter can be a great way to enhance your gaming experience.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to help you connect your Bluetooth speakers to your PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter:
Step 1: Purchase a Bluetooth Adapter
To connect your Bluetooth speakers to your PS4, you’ll need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter that is compatible with your PS4. Make sure that the adapter you choose is compatible with the PS4 and supports Bluetooth version 2.1 or higher.
TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter PS4
- Brand : TP-Link
- Hardware Interface : Bluetooth
- Operating System : Windows
- Color : Black
- Data Link Protocol : Bluetooth, USB
- Data Transfer Rate : 480 Megabits Per Second
Step 2: Plug in the Bluetooth Adapter
Once you have your Bluetooth adapter, plug it into one of the available USB ports on your PS4.
Step 3: Turn on Pairing Mode on Your Speakers
Most Bluetooth speakers require that you turn on pairing mode to allow them to connect to other devices. Check your speaker’s manual for instructions on how to activate pairing mode. Generally, you’ll need to hold down a button on the speaker for a few seconds until the LED light flashes.
Step 4: Enable Bluetooth on Your PS4
From the main menu on your PS4, go to “Settings” and then select “Devices.” Next, select “Bluetooth Devices” and then select “Pair New Device.” Your PS4 will now search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
Step 5: Pair Your Speakers with Your PS4
Once your PS4 has located your Bluetooth speakers, select them from the list of available devices. Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
Step 6: Test Your Connection
After you’ve successfully paired your Bluetooth speakers with your PS4, it’s time to test the connection. Start a game or play some music to ensure that the sound is coming through your Bluetooth speakers.
2. Use an Auxiliary Cable 3.5mm, Jack
If your Bluetooth speaker doesn’t work with your PS4 or you prefer a wired connection, you can use an auxiliary cable with a 3.5mm jack. Here are the steps to connect your speaker to your PS4 via an auxiliary cable:
- Step 1: Plug one end of the auxiliary cable into the headphone jack on your Bluetooth speaker.
- Step 2: Plug the other end of the auxiliary cable into the 3.5mm jack on your PS4 controller.
- Step 3: On your PS4 console, go to “Settings” and select “Devices.”
- Step 4: Select “Audio Devices” and choose “Output to Headphones.”
- Step 5: Select “All Audio” to hear both game audio and chat audio through your speaker.
MOSWAG 10FT/3Meter 3.5mm Audio Cable
- Brand : MOSWAG
- Connector Type : Auxiliary
- Cable Type : AUX
- Compatible Devices : Laptop, DVD Player, Personal Computer, Tablet, Headphone, Smartphone, Speaker, Music Player
- Color : Black
While using an auxiliary cable may not provide the same convenience as a wireless connection, it’s a reliable way to connect your speaker to your PS4 without any additional hardware.
3. Connect Via AirPlay
If you have an Apple device, you can use AirPlay to stream music from your device to your PS4 console. Here are the steps to connect your speaker to your PS4 via AirPlay:
- Step 1: Make sure your PS4 and Apple device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2: On your PS4 console, go to “Settings” and select “Remote Play Connection Settings.”
- Step 3: Enable “Enable Remote Play” and “Connect Directly with PS Vita/PS TV.”
- Step 4: Download and install the PS4 Remote Play app on your Apple device.
- Step 5: Open the PS4 Remote Play app and sign in to your PSN account.
- Step 6: Select your PS4 console from the list of available devices.
- Step 7: Open the “Music” app on your Apple device and select “AirPlay.”
- Step 8: Select “Your PS4” from the list of available devices and press OK.
WiiM Mini AirPlay2 Wireless Audio Streamer
- Connectivity Technology : Wireless, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Special Feature :HI RES AUDIO, USB PORT
- Controller Type : App Control
- Color : Black
- Model Name : Mini AirPlay2
- Compatible Devices : Television, Tablet, Laptop, Smartphone
While this method may seem complicated, it provides a way to stream music from your Apple device to your PS4 without any additional hardware.
4. Connect via Ethernet
If your Bluetooth speaker supports Ethernet connectivity, you can connect it directly to your PS4 console via an Ethernet cable. Here are the steps to connect your speaker to your PS4 via Ethernet:
- Step 1: Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your Bluetooth speaker’s Ethernet port.
- Step 2: Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an available Ethernet port on your PS4 console.
- Step 3: On your PS4 console, go to “Settings” and select “Network.”
- Step 4: Choose “Set Up Internet Connection” and select “Use a LAN Cable.”
- Step 5: Select “Easy” to automatically configure your network settings.
- Step 6: Choose “Do Not Use a Proxy Server” when prompted.
- Step 7: Select “Test Internet Connection” to ensure your speaker is connected.
While this method may provide the most stable connection, it requires a Bluetooth speaker that supports Ethernet connectivity.
Troubleshooting Tips for Connecting Bluetooth Speaker to PS4
If you encounter any issues while connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your PS4, try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Ensure Your Bluetooth Speaker is Charged
Ensure that your Bluetooth speaker is fully charged before attempting to connect it to your PS4. A low battery can cause connectivity issues.
2. Ensure Your Bluetooth Speaker is Close to Your PS4
Make sure that your Bluetooth speaker is close to your PS4 while attempting to pair them. Bluetooth connectivity can be affected by distance and physical obstacles, so keep them as close to each other as possible.
3. Ensure Your Bluetooth Speaker is Not Connected to Any Other Device
If your Bluetooth speaker is already connected to another device, such as your phone or laptop, it will not be able to connect to your PS4. Make sure to disconnect it from all other devices before attempting to connect it to your PS4.
There are several ways to connect Bluetooth to PS4, each with its advantages and disadvantages. If you have a Bluetooth speaker that’s compatible with your PS4, connecting it via Bluetooth is the easiest and most convenient option. If your speaker doesn’t support Bluetooth, or you prefer a wired connection, using an auxiliary cable is a reliable alternative. AirPlay is an excellent option if you have an Apple device and want to stream music to your PS4, while Ethernet connectivity provides the most stable connection, but it requires a Bluetooth speaker that supports Ethernet.
Overall, with these options, you can easily connect your Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 and enjoy an immersive gaming experience.
Can you use Bluetooth speakers PS4?
Yes, you can use Bluetooth speakers with a PS4, as long as the PS4 is Bluetooth-enabled and the Bluetooth speaker is compatible with the PS4’s Bluetooth version.
Can any Bluetooth speaker be used with a PS4?
No, not all Bluetooth speakers are compatible with the PS4. You need to check the compatibility before attempting to connect them.
How close does my Bluetooth speaker need to be to my PS4 to connect?
It’s recommended to keep your Bluetooth speaker as close to your PS4 as possible to ensure a strong and stable connection.
Can I connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to my PS4?
No, you can only connect one Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 at a time.